Sunday, December 12, 2010

Barun von Orkthofen


Bits arrived from eBay last week for a new insane (mini) project... a Fighta for my Rogue Trader Ork army.  I spent an evening last week putting together this model and sticking gunz on every possible surface...


The base model is a Testors 1/48 kit of the "GeeBee Racer", the air racer from the '30s that was infamously difficult to fly because of its stubby proportions and huge engine, something I thought would massively appeal to Orks ;-)


The pilot head, the gunz and all the other bits are from modern 40K Ork sprues.  I like the way that it all came together.  The basic shape of this aircraft has always appealed to me for some reason, but unlike the Polikarpov I-16 that I converted to FuturKom use I left this one piston-powered... it is "Rogue Trader" after all!




It's on the painting desk now so should be done this week.

7 comments:

tim said...

Oh my...

That...

is...

AWE-some!!!

Greg B said...

That is great! Love the sack'o'bombs beside the cockpit...

Dave Garbe said...

That's awesome! So orky!

Curt said...

Very cool. One suggestion: use some green-stuff to have his scarf fluttering down the tail assembly (perhaps with a Snotling holding on to the end).

DaveV said...

Very cool looking conversion. I like the idea of his silk scarf blowing in the wind.

Ad Astra said...

Sweet!

Kevin H said...

That's a great idea! All I can say is it needs MORE RIVETS!!