Friday, May 19, 2023

Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge XIII Submission #12 - High Elf Warriors and Command

 This submission consists of 10 High Elf Warriors with spear and shield, a Captain, and a Banner Bearer, all by Games Workshop. Four of the Elf Warriors are a recent purchase and made of resin. The remaining figures are all metal. When I first got into Middle Earth gaming, I acquired some secondhand plastic High Elves from the 'Warriors of the Last Alliance' box. I wanted to flesh them out with some warriors with spear and shield and had picked up the metal figures as 2 or 3 figure blisters, and more recently got the last four that are made of resin. The resin figures are the same sculpts as the earlier metal minis and look identical once painted.

 All the figures were cleaned up and assembled, and mounted on their bases. Some fine sand was glued to the base with PVA, and they were then primed black with an airbrush. Painting was primarily done using Vallejo acrylics, but also my long-serving Partha True Blue and Bronze Metallic, which are still hanging in there. I also used some Citadel Reikland Fleshshade wash on the faces. Here's the final result.

 

High Elf Warriors and Command
 

Metal High Elf Captain and Banner Bearer

Metal High Elf Warriors

Resin High Elf Warriors

My High Elf host with Gilgalad and Elrond

 This completed the last of the High Elves I had in my storage boxes, but since then I have picked up a box of six Knights of Rivendell to add to my elvish muster. Thanks for reading. More to follow
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good looking Elves here!