Monday, January 25, 2016

Sixth Painting Challenge Submission - A Double-Crossed Fellow...

There is not too much in terms of painting volume for this submission to the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge, but it is one I'm glad to be finished with, as it was a long overdue "Curtgeld" - the "admission fee" of sorts to Curt's Painting Challenge.  All participants are asked to submit a figure to Curt based on the theme of a given Challenge.  There was one a couple years ago with an "Old West" theme, a period I have little knowledge of, and not much interest in.  Dallas bailed me out, providing me with this fellow to paint and submit.


But lacking focus as I do, I never got around to it! So I decided I should get off my @ss and get it finished.  So here is an old west casting...he looks grouchy, like he's been double-crossed - maybe in a card game, maybe while out prospecting, who knows...but a double-barreled gun will sort out any double-crossing situation, I'm sure.


I don't know the origin of this figure, or who sculpted it.  Dallas may know more...I had thought perhaps he was from Wargames Foundry, but many participants in the Painting Challenge were certain it was from Dixon - so Curt christened him "Double Cross Dixon".  I like the name.


These "Curtgeld" submissions get you 20 points in the Challenge.  I'm closing in on the 300 point mark...hope to get there next week! I've got some Team Yankee and Horus Heresy stuff on the go, hopefully I can bear down and get some of that finished for Saturday. And a big "thank you" to Dallas once again for kindly providing this miniature.

2 comments:

The Angry Lurker said...

He was good work Greg!

Curt said...

Lovely stuff Mr. B. Thank you both, Greg and Dallas!