Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Steel Legion Stormtroopers

 Every Imperial Guard army needs a squad of stormtroopers. I was fortunate to have a full squad of 3rd edition metal stormtroopers for my Cadian army, so naturally I needed one for the new steel legion. I wanted to use the old metal Kasrkin models and managed to source the Sargent, 7 regular dudes and one of each of the 4 special weapons off eBay. The backpacks were all included, but only the plasma gunner had his actual “special” backpack. EBay sellers are such dickheads! Luckily I have a box full of bits, a saw and a lot of glue. I managed to replicate a backpack for the flamer, grenade launcher and meltagun. I painted the squad up in the standard GunSchwarm colour scheme. 

GW has since come out with new plastic Kasrkin. From what I can tell, GW increased the scale of the new models and I don’t think they would have looked right next to the metal steel legion models. The old Kasrkin fit right in.





Thanks for visiting.




3 comments:

irishserb said...

Very nicely done!! I still love the Imperial Guard best of all.

Dallas said...

Those models look fantastic Mike!!!

Greg B said...

Great work Mike. The new plastic Kasrkin have...well, something going on with them...the proportions seem off to me or something, but even without that, nothing beats these classic metal castings. Great stuff.