Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Painting Challenge Submission #14 - More Sons of Horus Tactical Marines

With their trusty Sergeant in the lead, another squad of Sons of Horus marines prepares to Make the Imperium Great Again...

Well, the 13th Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge has now concluded - but I'm still way behind on posting my Challenge content, so I'll try and catch up this week. We start today with submission #14 to the Challenge, a second 20-man Space Marine tactical squad for GW's "Horus Heresy" setting. This is yet another set of fine fellows are painted in the colours and livery of the XVI Legion Astartes, the Sons of Horus. These are all multi-part plastic figures from GW. 

A good officer always has some scrolls handy, for, you know, Age of Darkness reasons...

Are there ever enough Space Marines? What a stupid question! Of course not. As I have raved previously, I love GW's newest range of plastic figures for the Horus Heresy setting. Space Marines wearing Mark VI power armour (with the famous 'beakie' helmets) and trudging into a grinding, no-quarter battle is what "makes" the setting for me, and I quite love it obviously. 

The comms trooper adds almost no value, and is a real pain in the ass to assemble...but since I have one for the first squad, I need one for the second squad...

Close up shot of some of the marching poses.

As with the first squad I painted earlier during this edition of the Challenge, this band of merry fellows is equipped with their trusty bolt guns and chain-bayonets because these sorts of things come in handy when you are utterly crushing all of the blind fools and morons who refuse to recognize the glorious destiny the Warmaster has in mind for humanity hard at work creating "green jobs" and affordable housing for oppressed groups across the galaxy.

Have to have a skull in your communications array - I mean, it just makes things work better, right?

These huge 20-man squads are great fun on the table, so having two of them on hand will be even better! Can't wait to deploy them on a table where they can carry on their mission of, er, "improved intergalactic governance". 

Horus for hope! Chainblades for...um...change...yes, that should do...

This lot was good for another 100 points toward my target, and is helping round out a nice big new batch of Mark VI Marines in Sons of Horus colours for my 30k collection.

2 comments:

Neil Scott said...

Nicely done

Dallas said...

Great stuff dude! Love those MKVI Marines!