Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Steel Legion Platoon Command Squad

Providing command and control to an Imperial Guard army can be tough. One of the most popular ways its accomplished is with a Commissar prepared to execute the entire command staff if found wanting. A far less psychotic method is platoon commanders! Since I'll be adding several more infantry squads to the steel legion (GunSchwarm), I painted up a second squad. Instead of a standard bearer, I painted a bagpiper from Victoria Miniatures. He comes fully equipped with a gas mask capable of receiving the blowpipe. I have no idea how he takes in enough air to get that thing going, but I admire his dedication. If I was choking on chlorine gas, I'd want the bagpipes to be the last thing I heard! The kilt was a bit tricky. This was my first attempt and I decided to just go with it, as I decided it wouldn't improve much before I had added too many layers and lost detail to the model. I think with practice, I could improve it, but I don't exactly have many kilted models to practice on.






From now until March, I'll be painting for the Painting Challenge. I try to keep up with the blog here, but sadly it tends to take a back seat to the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge.

Thanks for visiting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why are you taking part in the boring painting challenge? It’s awful.

Lasgunpacker said...

What is the bit that you used to add the melta gun? Looks pretty cool.

The bagpiper is awesome of course, and bonkers in the best way. Maybe he has a fan to help fill the bag while he plays?

MFraser said...

It’s from Anvil Industry. I just sawed off the top of the grenade launcher and it fit almost perfectly.

Dallas said...

Man oh man these look great!!