Monday, December 19, 2022

A Few More Orcs Before Christmas

Orc warriors ready for action - metal figures from GW's long-gone "Warmaster" range.

Some more OOP goodness from the distant era of the early 2000s and GW's excellent "Warmaster" - here we have another regiment of Orc warriors, ready to pour out of the mountains to cause mayhem across The Empire! These are metal castings from GW.

The Orc & Goblin army for GW's "Warmaster" relies on, well, Orcs! Makes sense, right? You can augment the force with Ogres and Trolls, but the core of your forces will be built around basic regiments like these ladz.

Axes? Check. Big banner? Check. Drums? Check. OK - let's go ladz!

As ever, these old castings were a real treat to paint. Such astounding sculpts, with great character and lots fun details to try and capture on such small figures. My brush skills could not get all of them, but I gave it a crack wherever I could, and in aggregate, I like how these fellows turned out.

The "line of battle" readies itself for action...

My Warmaster Orc & Goblin army now has four regiments of basic Orc warriors, an excellent foundation, but more are planned as the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge approaches, as I managed to source this on eBay this fall:

 A second Orc & Goblin starter box! This will be fun!

So watch this space for more Warmaster goodness - and indeed, more hobby goodness generally - as I join a number of other Fawcett Avenue Conscripts for AHPC XIII. The madness begins officially on December 21 - but I hope to have a bit more painting to share before then, so thanks for visiting!   

2 comments:

Grenzer John said...

Warmaster is a favourite of mine and my family's. It's good to see others appreciating that excellent game.

irishserb said...

Lovely job on the Orcs, youre got me craving more!