Friday, May 27, 2022

Squamous Miniatures "Arctic Guerrilla Trench Fighters" from Ham Solo

So in getting ready for running a Star Wars: Battle of Hoth game at Prairiecon this weekend, we had a bit of a playtest late last week. A suggestion was made that I paint some more Rebels, and I happened to have these models from Squamous already primed, so over Friday night and Saturday I painted them. 

The models are superb, really close analogues of the "official" Legion Rebel Veterans in terms of uniform and equipment. The printing from Ham Solo was great too, the models came ready to paint, no messing around with removing supports or anything like that. And the sculpts are really really nice.

There's some diversity here too which is nice - here's a Rodian Rebel trooper. I guess not all of 'em were jerks like the late unlamented Greedo.

You get a couple of Twi'lek models in the group, too. I painted one with blue skin and one (the Assault Blaster gunner) with orange.



There's a bunch of female human troopers too. I really like that about this set. Unfortunately the team leader was a misprint and while Ham Solo sent me a replacement, it's sitting down in Pembina ND and I haven't had a chance to go grab it yet, what with the highway closed and all.

More diversity! An Aqualish trooper - better known to those of my generation as a "Walrusman" of course.

And another Sullustan of course! This one sporting TWO blaster rifles!

Aaaaaand... an old white guy to round out the group :-)

I really like these models and recommend them highly to anybody looking for some alternative Rebel Veterans for Legion, or indeed to anyone else who (like me) will use these to play games using different rules. My Prairiecon game will use a mod of Bolt Action written by the estimable Jay of Jay's Wargaming Madness, with some amendments from our gang. Hopefully it goes well.  You'll see a battle report here in due course.

All the best and see you at Prairiecon!

2 comments:

Greg B said...

These are great Dallas. I love that Sullastan - COME GET SOME!

Dallas said...

They are fragile though - I just noticed in the pics that the Rodian's ear has come off!