Friday, May 27, 2022

Hey, Nice Hat!

Hoping to see some sports violence on a pitch soon...

When you take a break from something, it is sure easy to...not go back to it. I find that to be the case with Blogger these days - the platform is buggier and junkier all the time, and Google appears set to let it whither on the vine, which is unfortunate. All this to say, while I haven't posted in a while, I have still been painting - here is a little post to try and get me back into the blogging part of the routine. Here we have a second thrower for my Blood Bowl team, as well as new pictures of the Ogre - but note, he now has a jaunty hat!

The team box I purchased came with two throwers...and it seems like, sometimes, it makes sense to have both of them on the roster at the same time, even if, I would expect, they are not on the pitch at the same time...? Anyway, best to finish this off.

Such lovely, whacky models from GW.

And then the jaunty hat? Well, it was a bit I was searching for that I thought would help tie the monstrous Ogre in a little more with his team. I think it looks hilarious - many thanks to Jamie M for sending me this bit from his bits pile!

"Let's all Hit for Hochland!"

So, how is Blood Bowl? Well...I still don't know. I eagerly joined a local league here in Northern Ontario, only to discover that the gaming hours for the league don't match up at all with my work commitment (games are nearly all played in the afternoons at the local store). So I still await my first match with these fellows. If that ever happens, I'll be sure to report back!

That's all for now, but stay tuned for more 30k stuff as the new edition of the Horus Heresy game approaches!

2 comments:

Dallas said...

Love the hat dude. Really nice work. I also have a painted BB team and have never played the game - you are likely to get at it before I am!

irishserb said...

Indeed, that is a lovely hat! Great looking figs too!!