Saturday, February 18, 2023

Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge XIII Submission #7 - A Short Trip Around the Challenge Studios

 Having completed 'Under Construction' and 'Black and White', I decided to hit the Sci Fi studio next for 'Destination Moon'. I found two highly appropriate miniatures in my retro collection that were wearing spacesuits that looked a lot like the ones worn in the movie. I have no idea who the manufacturer is, so if anyone out there recognizes them, let me know. Like a lot of my minis, I glued these to 25mm fender washers, and added some sand as groundwork. They were then painted using Vallejo acrylics, with the exception of the Partha True Blue. Once again the special challenges are getting me to paint figures that have been sitting in the pending box for a long time.

 

My two astronauts with their rocketship in the background
 

Front View

Rear View

  The next figure is a vintage West End Games Rebel Commando figure that I have painted up in the colours of my planetary militia using Vallejo Gunship Green and a wash of Biel-Tan Green.


Front View
 
Front View

 

 The last stop is the High Adventure studio where we are going to film an adaptation of H. Rider Haggard's novel 'King Solomon's Mines'. Our figure is the Big Game Hunter with Shotgun from Grenadier Models 'Call of Cthulu' range. This miniature dates from 1983. It was glued to a fender washer, sand was applied to the base, and it was primed black with an airbrush. The main colours used are Vallejo Flat Flesh, Khaki Grey, and Leather Brown. Iraqi Sand was used for the pugaree, Beige Brown for the gunstock, and Gun Metal for the shotgun barrels. Citadel Reikland Fleshshade was used on the skin areas, and Agrax Earthshade for the rest of the model.

 

The mighty hunter facing a 'charging' elephant
 
Front View

Rear View

 As I wrote at the beginning of this post, the Special Challenges within the AHPC provided some incentive to paint up a few more of the oddball minis that have been sitting in my storage boxes for a while. I am not sure if I will ever have a need to place these on the tabletop, but they were fun to paint. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Greg B said...

A fine "trip", well done Frederick.

Dallas said...

Nice work Frederick!