Sunday, July 3, 2022

Traitor Militia Malcador Tank

 I picked up a Malcador Tank off ebay last month thinking I got a good deal. It was in rough shape, but I figured I could whip it back into shape. Unfortunately, when the model came it had all the hallmarks of "foreign" resin. If I had wanted a recast, I'd have just bought one. I was going to go back to the seller, but upon a sober second look at the listing, there was no mention anywhere of "Forge," "World" or any combination of the two. I should have known better, but I let my excitement get the better of me. "Well played sir! I'll just go f*** myself over here, while you count my money!

I decided to make the best of it and figured a well weathered tank would look suitable in the Horus' traitor militia. It's not like Horus is earmarking the best equipment for these guys.

The model is equipped with a battle cannon and 3 autocannons. The autocannons are from Mortian Tanks.




That's it for the Traitor Militia. I'll try to post a whole army post this week.

Thanks for visiting.

4 comments:

Grenzer John said...

That Beastie is so ugly, it's cool!
Sorry you got taken by the seller, but you made good with what you had.
Nice job!

Dallas said...

It looks good! Good enough for traitors anyway! Nice job with pulling this one outta the scrap pile. It always feels good to finish a rehab project.

Greg B said...

Great work Mike! It definitely looks the part, and you certainly overcame whatever challenges were present due to the "altnerate" resin source.

Codsticker said...

I agree with with the others- you did a great job with what you had to work with.