Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Gamma Wolves - Bolschev Arcology - Analogue Hobbies 13th Painting Challenge Submission.

 

 My second entry is another faction for Gamma Wolves. This group is from an Arcology called Bolschev and is made up of the remnants of Eastern Europe and Asia. That's a pretty wide range, but it's obviously meant to depict the old Soviet Union and satellite states. This Arcology borrows from the usual stereotypes of Eastern Europe using more rugged and less sophisticated machinery. These models reflect this well and I added lots of weathering and rust. I was originally going to add red stars as insignia, but didn't feel right doing that. Instead, I added what I think are British Army insignia. As coincidence would have it, the main insignia I used has the same colors as the Polish flag!  I managed to make 6 units consisting of 1 heavy, 3 medium and 2 light walkers. I added two 28mm figures for scale purposes.

2 Medium



2 Light, 1 Medium



1 Heavy


Last post I mentioned one batch of models I ordered that arrived despite international sanctions. I ordered these models in early January 2022 from Souldark Miniatures based in Russia. It doesn't really sell miniatures, as their products are more like toys for action figures. However, their toys made decent mechs for super cheap. In hindsight, my timing was laughably bad. One of those "what were you thinking?" moments. I assumed the order would never be sent and I didn't even bother reaching out to the company or asking for a refund (can't imagine what the response would have been). To my surprise, sometime in March, a package showed up at the post office. About half the order was not as advertised and were of no use (a much smaller scale despite being the same price as the larger models). The other half was the right size, but needed lots of work to make serviceable. Oh well, at least they were cheap!Thanks for visiting.

3 comments:

Greg B said...

Great work Mike.
I'm trying to recall...are these rules agnostic in terms of the models/miniatures you use? Could you use any you like?

Dallas said...

These look great, really looking forward to a game!

MFraser said...

You can use any miniatures. I think the rule designer made it specifically for Gundam models or similar. Weapon load outs and base size are a bit more specific as the game uses a template for movement and each size of mech uses a different size base and template. The base idea is a bit frustrating because some models don’t fit well of the base size he envisioned. I had to be a bit creative and one faction I couldn’t even put on bases because they would have been a ridiculous size.