Monday, April 25, 2022

Primaris Hellblasters for 40k Raven Guard

Primaris Hellblaster models - multi-part plastic figures from GW.

These guys have been sitting, primed, on or near my painting desk for like a year and a half! So while I'm beavering away on some 30k projects in the background, I thought I would just get these guys finished off. This is a unit of "Hellblasters", Primaris Space Marines from GW's Warhammer 40k setting. They are multi-part plastic models, painted in my interpretation of the colours of the Raven Guard Chapter, accentuated with embossed Raven Guard accents from one of the relevant accessory kits.

I was trying to get an "aiming" vibe with this guy, but in the end, with the angle of his head, he almost looks to be more confused about whatever he is about to blast...that can't be right for a Space Marine!

As always, I try to use a "beakie" style helmet on the officer, even on the Primaris kits.

These newer, larger plastic Space Marine kits tend to offer a number of variations on the main weapon - in this case, a plasma incinerator of some kind. These models, with the extra power cables connecting their weapons to an additional auxiliary unit on their backpacks, are carrying to heaviest/hardest-hitting variant of the gun. So these particular Marines are less mobile, but their weapons are likelier to hurt heavily armoured enemies, a useful bit of variety for my 40k Raven Guard (although I find the "Eradicators" to be much more useful for that).

A view showing the enhanced power packs and cable connections for the plasma weaponry.

I had built and primed these guys quite a while ago, and finding the Hellblasters to be not-that-useful during games, they had not received any paint...but enough was enough, and I thought it was time to get them painted up. After all, I think it is good to try and appease the Hobby Gods by, every so often, painting up some of the longer-suffering figures, and I am trying to boost my available 40k Raven Guard force toward the 2,000 point level, so good to get these fellows painted.

Ready for some blasting on the gaming table...

And, as heavily-armoured, scary space soldiers with terrifying guns, these guys look the part, and fit in well with emerging range of new (in relative terms) Space Marine models. Hopefully they will get the chance to blast some poor heretic or Xenos form to bits on a gaming table soon. That's all for now - thanks for reading, and I hope that, where you live, "spring" is actually happening...because it certainly isn't happening in Canada this year...

2 comments:

Codsticker said...

Great choice in basing colours; compliments the black power armour very well.

Dallas said...

Nice work dude! Blast away!