Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Sisters Statuary, MK1 Land Raider, PK-Berichter

These models were my second-last post in the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge!

The model is from Manufaktura Miniatures. It's a 3D print I've painted as statuary to fit the theme of the old-school all-metal Adepta Sororitas army I'm building for Warhammer 40K.

The Manufaktura figures are superb but it has to be noted, mostly "NSFW"... I've chosen one here that fits my taste but many of their models are... explicit. So be aware of that if you search them on the Web or visit their site. I bought this one from a stockist on eBay so wasn't really aware of the nature of the range before I visited their website... thankfully not on a work computer :-)

The model is really exquisite, well sculpted and great print quality. Painting was a breeze of course, no "grisaille" or "Zorn palette" necessary. The pillar I did before - very flexible as the space on the top fits a standard 25mm round base so I have created statuary to fit many gaming themes.

Next up was a Propagandakompanie Kriegsberichter with his own movie camera and "PK" cufftitle.

This is a metal model from Warlord Games' Bolt Action range and painted up a treat. I painted him as an enlisted man with the early-war lemon yellow waffenfarbe, since according to Angolia and Schlicht's "Uniforms and Traditions of the German Army" the cufftitle (see previous photo) was likely discontinued when the PK-guys got their own grey waffenfarbe colour rather than piggybacking onto the signal-troops' colour. 

Im einsatz, making a TikTok of a passing Pzkpfw. 38(t).

Lastly for this post we have a real blast from the past, an original Land Raider with just a couple of modern updates. I acquired this model in a trade on the weekend, fixed the doors, primed it black and painted it earlier this week.

As we all know, this is the Ur-Land-Raider first produced by Games Workshop back in 1988 and made available for retail purchase in a box of two models, for 12.99GBP no less!! 

But remarkably, although I've been playing 40K myself since 1989 or so, I'd never owned an original Land Raider model, until now! 

As I said, this model came to me in a trade (along with a MK1 Rhino) and needed some work. A previous owner appears to have replaced the sponson lascannons, it had Forgeworld Iron Warriors doors, and a modern exhaust stack and dozer blade has supplanted the originals. Still and all, not bad for a nearly 35-year-old model. 

I started by removing the resin doors and replacing them with standard modern Land Raider doors, cut out a bit to accommodate the big hinge. I also stuck on some very cool Heresy-era eagles from a modern Age of Darkness vehicle sprue.

The 'Raider accompanied by Iron Warriors Siege Tyrant Terminators.

I also put together a new hatch with storm bolter. Fortunately the modern 40K parts fits this old model to a tee.

Alternatively, this 'Raider can be fielded with a pintle-mounted multi-melta. This one is from the Forgeworld pintle-mounted weapons set. Handy.

A bit better view of the door, decals and weathering here.

It was a really straightforward paintjob, although I regret not having any Modelmates/Dirty Down Rust Effect for the eagle. Once I get some more of it I'll tune that up. In any event it's a really cool model and will fit in well with my Iron Warriors 30K force.

Now we're almost caught up!

1 comment:

Greg B said...

These all look great Dallas - really sharp - but my favourite has to be the old-school Land Raider. Looks fantastic (and seeing it near those !#@!#@ing Siege Tyrants is still slightly triggering).