|Did someone say BBQ?|
|White primer, with a wash of GW Nuln Oil|
|Base coats applied - about 25% done...|
|Ready to obliterate the Emperor's enemies, initially, then maybe some loyalist dupes of the false emperor...|
|Lots of segmented plate on the rear of the armour plating|
|I love the embossed shoulder pads…you really get used to having them, they are kind of addictive|
After all the weathering, I did a final highlight using GW Nuln Oil as a pin wash, trying to add some depth to the rivets in the armour and the many lines in the armour plates.
|You can see a bit of the weathering around the feet - I used weathering powders and sponges to apply "chips" to the paint|
These Mark III armour suits are slow to paint - the armour plates have a lot of detail, and there are a lot of segmented plates, particularly on the back of the armour. Finishing these guys took forever (at least for me) and so far I only have 15 marines finished in total since I started the project earlier this year - not a very rapid pace for me, but I'm starting to get into a groove with the painting for these guys so I hope to pick it up.
I have another 25 or so World Eater marines to paint - and then it will be on to the Sons of Horus!