Saturday, July 20, 2024

Wendigo

 Forbidden Psalm has some really big monsters in it, including the Corpse Collector and the Puca. The Puca has a tall thin body with moose antlers and a savage looking mouth.  It’s basically a Wendigo. 

Various designers have made 3d prints of both models which are available on Etsy. I’m not a fan of the resin 3d print models are made of. I find it brittle and delicate and worry how well they’ll survive shipping. As such I wanted to reduce the amount of shipping time. Luckily, one of the Esty shops is based in Quebec and sold both the Corpse Collector and a nasty looking Windego which will stand in well for the Puca monster. Both models arrived last week and I was surprised to find that they survived Canada Post shipping intact. The first model I managed to paint is the wendigo. He painted up well, but there were a few times I was worried I was going to break the arms or antlers while painting. The model looks great but feels very fragile for gaming. 

Hopefully I can get the corpse collector done next week.





Thanks for visiting.

4 comments:

Simon said...

I do not like 3D printed items, because of the fragility. Also the longevity of the prints generally. Will they just turn to dust in a few years? Will they melt if subjected to heat from weather?

Michael Awdry said...

That is scarily good! I share your concerns regarding the material as well. I have some 28mm Afrika Korps to paint and the detail is superb, but I am just worried about moving them on a table top. That said I have noticed that due to their lightness they tend to do less damage to themselves when dropped.

Dallas said...

Wow that looks amazing/terrifying! You gotta let me know the name of the Etsy dude. I started on my Corpse Collector as well... looking forward to the game!

Greg B said...

That is fantastic brushwork Mike - as Dallas says, amazing and terrifying all at once.