Saturday, January 5, 2013

Another Batch of Syrian T-62s - 15mm

Syrian armour, ready to roll
Curt's Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge continues to roll along, and my initial charge from the blocks, fuelled by a lovely holiday vacation, has faded.  But I can still show off some more entries/progress.

These are QRF castings - a pain in the @ss to build, but worth it in the end
After a Samurai and then an initial batch of colonial stuff from Sudan, my entries switched over to more stuff for my Golan Heights Project. Up first are some more Syrian tanks.  Because you can never have enough Syrian tanks!

Ready to tangle with the IDF...just need to watch out for the Syrian air force...
These three T-62s are from QRF miniatures.  As with my other QRF products, these had a lot of problems - lots and lots of flash, lots of tags, flimsy MGs, bent track assemblies, mould lines - on and on.  But even with these problems, the QRF models are much nicer and more realistic-looking than the Command Decision T-62s.



This platoon brings me up to 11 T-62s for the Syrians.  Just a couple more of those, and I think that will be plenty - a full company of tanks!

4 comments:

Barks said...

Looking really nice!

Ray Rousell said...

Fantastic painting!

tacobat said...

lervin' the lenses :)

Lead Legion said...

The cammo is pretty spot on too.