Monday, November 20, 2023

More 15mm Imperial Fists for 30k

More 15mm members of the VII Legion Astartes. 3d printed figures.

Thanks to Byron and his mad skillz with 3D printing, my quixotic 30k-in-15mm project continues! Here we have a couple more elements painted up in the colours of the VI Legion Astartes, the Imperial Fists. There is another veteran tactical squad, and also a standard bearer accompanied by two "chosen" (i.e. support guy/guards). There is a mix of armour variants here, but most are wearing Mk III powered armour. 

Close up showing one of the support weapons, a missile launcher.

The veteran squad has heavy and special weapon support courtesy of a missile launcher and a melta gun.

Melta gunner on the right, and squad leader on the left.

If you look closely, you can see evidence of my thin brain power...for some reason, I mixed up the pattern of the decals...so some have their legion symbol on the right-hand plate, and others on the left. This sort of variance would normally drive me to such madness as to re-paint and re-decal the areas in question, but these smaller decals are at a premium so...I'll just assume this is some kind of squad full of misfits that Rogal Dorn dislikes. 

Flags FTW! Banner bearer and a pair of "chosen" bodyguards.

I remain astonished at the sort of detail, even in abstract, that printed 3D models can deliver.

I always love ensuring there is a flag-bearer for my Space Marines in any scale...bringing a banner to such battles is so delightfully silly, and my 15mm Imperial Fists will now have this fellow to rally around. The two "chosen" guards have their helmets painted in veteran colours - red helmets with a white stripe. The effect at this scale is a bit striking, and maybe a little odd, but I'm sticking with it. 

A couple more of the regular Marines. I believe Byron has taken STLs intended for "Epic"/6mm size, and increased them significantly in order to make these...the effect is still tremendous, I love it.

The veteran squad, ready for action.

That's all for this post, but stay tuned for more!

1 comment:

Dallas said...

Those look super, I especially like the dude with the missile launcher. Great work!