Thursday, January 7, 2021

From the Challenge: Greyscale "26mm" Foundry WW1 German

Greyscale... this is something I've never done before. I think I first became aware of the concept from an article in Wargames Illustrated, years ago. It was a convention report from Crisis I think, that included pics of an amazing 28mm "Nosferatu" game, with the models and terrain all done in greyscale. It looked amazing, but didn't really appeal to me for "everyday" painting or gaming - owing mainly to the need to use specific greyscale terrain as well!

Of course, many dedicated hobbyists paint entire projects in greyscale, including our own host Mr. Curt! So I decided to give it a try for the Chambers of Darkness room on level 1 of the Dungeon.

This, of course, is a "26mm" Dave Andrews sculpt from the old Foundry Great War range - "GW44 Sergeant pointing" to be exact. He painted up very quickly indeed but I have to say he hasn't instilled any burning desire in me to paint more greyscale models... however I will happily donate him as a Challenge prize to anyone who achieves their points goal and wants him. I figure there must be some of you out there who have greyscale Great War armies and maybe someone can use him :-)

Cheers and stay healthy! 

No comments: