Saturday, June 22, 2024

Cultist and Morka-Porkas

More progress on my Forbidden Psalm/Frostgrave project. I finished a group of 13 cultists from Northstar and 5 Dire Boars from Reaper. The Dire Boars are from the Bones line and made in that weird siocast plastic. I primed them with brush on primer as I’ve read that aerosol primer can be problematic on siocast miniatures. The detail is pretty good and they paint up nicely. Forbidden Psalm uses a beast called a Morka-Porka which is basically a giant pig. You need several of them in a scenario, so I painted up 5 of them. Unfortunately they only have one pose, but Reaper Bones models are fairly cheap which I judged to be a more important quality.

The cultist box is great and comes with a wide variety of weapons and other parts. They also include a few skeleton heads and arms so you can build a few undead models. Those should be showing up here soon!










Thanks for visiting.

3 comments:

Suber said...

They all look cool, unsettling and fierce, I love them!

Greg B said...

Great work on these Mike. I'm sure roast Morka Porka will delight the cultists at their next meeting...

Dallas said...

Those look great and super idea on the Reaper models! I'm hoping they have 'em in stock at Game Knight. I just ordered a 3D print of the "Corpse Collector" so a Forbidden Psalm game at Conscript Towers seems to be in the cards before the end of summer...