Sunday, March 5, 2023

Angels and Demons - Some Models for Idols of Torment

No it's not a ropey Dan Brown novel... "Angels and Demons" is the subject of my post. This was a small project to get some models ready for a game last week. Our group has been playtesting an excellent new fantasy skirmish game called "Idols of Torment" - you can read more about it here, but it's a very cool concept and a super fun game. You only EVER need 8 models for your force, but there's a lot of excitement in the gameplay. Anyway, on to the models...

I needed to paint two angels and two demons for the game - these are essentially statues that animate during the course of the game and create chaos for the players. The angel models are conversions - I went to the local FLGS and bought two winged angel-types but after I got them home, decided I didn't like them. So I went back and got two more female fighter models and transplanted the wings from the original models onto them.

As the fighters had braided hair that would've prevented the wings from going on, I had to cut off the braids and do new hair with greenstuff. I think it turned out OK.

The poses of the fighters are great, aren't they! I think the outfits look suitably angelic too. The models were painted with acrylics, wings were drybrushed mostly but other bits basecoated and highlighted.


Had to do some greenstuff work on this model too.

The demons came out of the box of shame - I've had these metal Khorne Bloodletters for donkey's years and they'd never seen paint. So I thought I'd drag 'em out and paint them for the Idols game.

Bare asses of course :-)

Skin was painted Mephiston Red and highlighted with Evil Suns Scarlet. Brass is painted in with Brass Scorpion, the horns and claws are Mechanicus Standard Grey highlighted with Thunderhawk Blue.

Doing his best Gene Simmons impression...


The swords were painted a bit differently - taking a cue from some LotR models I painted in the last Challenge, I did these blades with a Corax White drybrush and a wash of Biel-Tan Green. I think they look pretty cool.

Just catching up on some cross-posts from the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge... stay tuned!

No comments: