Friday, November 25, 2022

Catching Up On The Blog

 It's winter here in Manitoba and I haven\t posted since September. Painting has been slow the last couple months, mainly because I struggled to complete a final major project for the Imperial Fists. Before I get to that though I'm proud to announce that I've finished the last units for The Minotaurs. Forgeworld makes models for two special characters for the Minotaurs: Chapter Master Asterion Moloc and Chaplain Ivanus Enkomi. I picked both of them up last year and they are the last models I will do for this chapter. Greg often scoffs at this, but I've grown very tired of painting brass and new projects await!

Ivanus Enkomi


Asterion Moloc



The Army Completed...

...Continued

Last up is the Crown Jewel of the Imperial Fists - The Fellblade. This has been started and stopped about 3 times. The yellow on this thing was very time consuming and I usually walked away from completing it for this reason. With the Minotaurs completed I decided to just get the thing done. I didn't enjoy the process, but once the yellow was complete, the rest of the tank was pretty simple. the color scheme was borrowed from one I saw online and uses my usual black/yellow inversion for vehicles. I did some weathering to the vehicle, but avoided using any weathering powders like I normally do. I usually fuss over the weathering and battle damage on vehicles, but this time I was really desperate to finish it, so I avoided the more time consuming techniques. Down the road if I feel the weathering isn't heavy enough, it's an easy enough thing to fix.





Thanks for visiting.

3 comments:

Greg B said...

Brilliant work Mike! Yes, I'm always skeptical of claims of a project being "finished", but those fellows look awesome, and you have got some excellent work put in on those final figures.

The Fellblade! What a magnificent beast!!! Looks fantastic, well done!!

Dallas said...

That's some impressive painting there man, and congrats on "completing" the Minotaurs... the Badab campaign awaits! Too bad the Minotaurs and my Howling Griffons are on the same side, but who knows, right...?

MFraser said...

The Minotaurs are jerks, so I don’t think they’d need much of an excuse to try and smack the Griffins around for fun.