Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Star Wars Legion Hoth Rebel Characters

You'll recall I said I wouldn't be picking up any Star Wars Legion stuff... yeah right. I'd ordered these three 3D-printed models off an ebay seller some time ago and they finally arrived last week (did I mention how much I hate the Global Shipping Program?). Anyway, they were quickly off to the paint shop.

First up, Luke Skywalker in his "patrol" outfit with lightsaber lit. I like the dynamic pose here and the Hoth outfit is super easy to paint in a combination of Rakarth Flesh, Zandri Desert, and Corax White. I tried to shade up the lightsaber a bit in Conscript Dave style.

Leather belts and holster are Mournfang Brown.

The model was an excellent print in resin with no lines and no flash. The saber was a little bent but straightened out OK in hot water.

Next up is Princess Leia. Another very straightforward paintjob in Corax White and Rakarth Flesh.


I did the normal groundwork and stippled on Rakarth Flesh paint as a base layer, followed by Corax White and snow flock applied with white glue.

The controversial Han Solo! Yes, I know that Han's parka was actually dark brown (it just presented as blue on film) but I LIKE the blue and it provides a nice contrast from the others' outfits.


Here are the models I've painted so far. The only drawback of the third-party prints is you don't get any cards or stats with 'em. Not that this matters so much, as I've never actually played the game (Dave is coming over to run it tonight) but I imagine that the cards can be printed out somewhere. I also have a notion that maybe these models might get used in a Bolt Action-type modded game, we'll see.

Meanwhile, maybe some Imperials next!

3 comments:

Neil Scott said...

Superb

Simon Quinton said...

Lovely work. The Skull Forge sculpts are great. I am after a decent Leia in white dress as I am not keen on the Official sculpt.

Greg B said...

Great work Dallas. I think we all have projects and collections involving games and figures that we "would not be getting"...I look forward to seeing more Star Wars Legion from you!