Thursday, May 20, 2021

Yet More AT18 - Acastus Knights

Acastus Knights for Adeptus Titanicus - kits from GW.

My late spring painting run Adeptus Titanicus continues! Once more, these are reinforcements for the Loyalist side of my collection, a pair "Acastus" Knights. They are multi-part plastic kits from GW, part of the model range for the game Adeptus Titanicus.

Rear view showing the armour plates on the back of the torso and legs.

The Acastus-type Knight is about as big as a Knight can be without being a small Titan. I painted two of these types of Knights for the Rebel forces in my collection last year, so these two will balance things out for the Loyalist side.

Energy weapons ready to blast enemies to particles.

I have yet to use this type of Knight in a game of Adeptus Titanicus, but it certainly seems like they will be hard-hitting elements. Their weapons can cause heavy damage to enemy Knights, and are a threat to Titans as well. 

There are some rocket launchers mounted on the top of the hull...you can model them closed up, but where is the fun in that? :)

Acastus Knights also seem like they can even take a bit of a beating, but are not as mobile (even if they are much more mobile than the huge Titans). Acastus commanders, like the pilots of the other Knights, will need to take care on the battlefields of Adeptus Titanicus.

These two Knights are painted in the red-and-black-gold colours I use for the loyalist Knights in my Adeptus Titanicus collection.

Ready to fight in the name of The Emperor. I'm sure Horus is laughing somewhere...

These kits are very, very nicely done by GW. Real beauties to work on, with tons of tiny details. As far as backstories go in GW's 30k/40k setting, I am indifferent to the stories of the Knights (the Titan Legions are SO much cooler), but there are also many hobbyists out there who enjoy all of the details of the Knights. If you are one of those folks, you will be blown away by these kits. The detail is insane - you even get a choice of different auxiliary weapons (either lascannons or autocannons). Wow. 

"Family photo" of my upgraded loyalists for Adeptus Titanicus.

With these two Knights now stepping into the line, the rebel and loyalist sides to my collection are balanced out, with the same amount of God Engines and Knights available to each side. I'm not sure why that should matter - we can't even get together to game anyway - but is it the sort of thing that lingers in my hobby brain. Anyway, I hope you have enjoyed this recent run of Adeptus Titanicus kit. I think some other GW subjects will soon. Thanks for reading - stay sane everyone.

2 comments: