Sunday, August 6, 2017

Imperial Fists 1st Squad Done

Finally finished my first squad of Imperial Fists. It took me a while to figure out the best technique and color combo. The key was a final wash of Casandora Yellow. You can't tell from the photo, but they really don't look that bright a yellow...I don't think. The longest part of the process is layering the yriel yellow. Hopefully the next batch go quicker. The other pain is using the transfers instead of special shoulder pads. I had some dark moments where I though an emergency order to Forgeworld or their Chinese wholesaler ;) was needed. Luckily, after applying vast amounts of microset and microsol, they're mostly smooth. I may need to trim the next batch of transfers a bit closer.


6 comments:

Curt said...

They look great Mike! I fully commiserate with you on your hatred for decals - a necessary evil, I suppose.

...and I see from looking at the background that you've taken up other mediums d'art. Wonderful! ;)

MFraser said...

I forgot to mention that all these models were done in finger paint.

Simon Quinton said...

Very nice looking squad. Hard to do yellow and you have done a fab job.

Greg B said...

Was that zenithal finger painting? :)

Great job Mike! Can't wait to see these guys on the table.

Iannick said...

Great work! I found an awesome way of dealing with painting yellow; subcontracting! ;-)

SADLOVE said...

I fully commiserate with you on your hatred for decals - a necessary evil, I suppose.

** สล็อต ออนไลน์ ได้ เงิน จริง**
** goldenslot mobile**