|Conscript Keegan in a pensive mood over 8th edition|
The Battle at the Farm... a legendary encounter! The first-ever scenario from back in the days of Rogue Trader - pitting Pedro Kantor and the survivors of the Crimson Fist chapter against Thrugg Bullneck, Sergeant Hruk, and their Space Ork warband in a scrap over a ruined farmhouse.
While we had played the scenario a few years ago using the original rules for the 25th anniversary of Rogue Trader, we wanted to try it again for the 30th anniversary and our inaugural battle report with the new 8th edition rules...
Pedro Kantor himself.
So that's 8th edition! Verdict... we like it. To be precise, big thumbs up for:
- variable move rates
- variable weapon damage
- saving throw modifiers
- no more universal special rules - everything's on the data card!
- Psychic warfare, which for the Orks (lacking a Weirdboy) was devastating
- cover saves being neutered
- No vehicle facings or weapon arcs. Pretty sure we'll house rule this
- Keeping track of 10 or more Wounds on models