Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Nearly there! More Plains Warriors and Crow Scouts

Last night I finished off nine more Plains warriors and three Crow scouts for the other team. The warriors are from Foundry and the scouts are the very nice Brigade Games models sculpted by friend of the Conscripts Paul Hicks.
 
Here is Crazy Horse his own self, flanked by two warriors, Fish Arrow and Holds Fire. I have a mounted Crazy Horse too.


Lean Wolf, Bear Licks With Tongue, Lazy Boy.

Little Crow, Running Rabbit, One Shirt.

Crow scouts with trapdoor Springfields. Really nice models, these.

Here are all the models I've painted for the game so far, approximately fifty foot and mounted on each side, which is about what I'd set as a goal. This should make a pretty good game of Legends of the Old West even if not all of the 7th Cavalry get put on the table - there are several specific "characters" including Reno, Benteen and deRudio who I've painted, but who won't appear in the Last Stand game. The model painting is almost done now, I just have to paint some dead horses (depressing, I know, but they were everywhere on the battlefield and will be useful cover for dismounted troopers). I also will be making a few teepees for the village on the nearside of the river, at the edge of the table.

Hoka hey!

3 comments:

Ray Rousell said...

Some great painting there Dallas!!!

Codsticker said...

Fantastic paint jobs.

Greg B said...

Really sharp Dallas - and the progressively more and more crowded group photo is always great to see (and surely rewarding and motivating progress-wise as well).